FASAE, CAE, CMC, CPC, CCRC
Areas of Distinction
- More than 20 years of non-profit association management and consulting
- Certified master coach
- Experience with regional, national and international trade associations, government agencies, state and federal political action committees, for-profit subsidiaries
Career and Consulting Experience
Building on more than 20 years in management of not-for-profit organizations, Cynthia is a skilled facilitator, behavioral coach and strategic thinker with a commitment to helping organizations establish their visions and achieve their full potentials. Pairing the techniques of knowledge-based strategic planning with her talents in coaching and teaching, she has helped boards transform into high performance governing bodies, and guided association staff members to become fully engaged, results-oriented achievers.
Cynthia is a citizen of the world, who was educated in England and has led international organizations and diverse teams. Her work has provided opportunities to engage with the Danish, Tongan, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, British, Swedish, Italian, Norwegian, German, Austrian, American, Canadian, Hispanic, Belgian, Dutch, Australian, Nepalese, Indian, and Native American peoples. An international speaker, Cynthia has represented organizations in the UK, Europe, Asia, Scandinavia, Canada, United States, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Additionally, Cynthia has played key leadership roles in merger conversations with national and international organizations and has participated in the executive search process as a committee member and chair. As adjunct faculty at New England College, she has developed curricula and taught strategic planning and policy and the dynamics of governance.
- American Society of Association Executives: member, past board member and executive committee member
- Georgia Society of Association Executives: member, past president
- Association Executives of North Carolina: member
- Adjunct graduate faculty, New England College
- BA, Queens University of Charlotte
- MA, University of York, England
- Certified Association Executive, American Society of Association Executives
- Certified Master Coach, Behavioral Coaching Institute
- Certified Professional Coach, World Coach Institute
- Business Leader Woman Extraordinaire, Business Leader Media, 2010
- Clifford Clarke Outstanding Association Executive award, Georgia Society of Association Executives
- Southeastern Association Executive of the Year, Southeastern Association Executive Magazine
- President’s Award, Georgia Society of Association Executives
- Fellow, American Society of Association Executives